Pipe penetrations from water, sewer and gas pipes in basement walls create a common point of entry for water and dangerous soil gases in a basement. Also, they can be a potential health hazard. The reason many of them leak is because they are typically sealed with a temporary patch during the construction of the home. This patch usually fails and is rarely air tight. Over time, water leaks into your basement. This water can cause damage to property and begin generating toxic black mold. Along with water, the pipe penetration will also allow in soil gases like radon. According to the E.P.A. Radon is number one cause of cancer in non-smoking Americans.
This Pipe Penetration Kit with Emecole 120 Polyurethane Foam allows you to seal 1 to 2 penetrations from the interior by injecting Emecole 120 Polyurethane Foam around the penetration to form a water and gas tight seal.
Kit Components: Enough to repair one to two pipe penetrations
- One universal tubeset of Emecole 120 Structural Reinforcement Polyurethane Foam (use with a standard caulk gun)
- One universal tubeset of Emecole 455 Odor Free Surface Seal (use with a standard caulk gun)
- Two 3/8" x 24 mixer nozzles
- Two hose assemblies
- Four injection ports and caps
- Two nuts
- Two crossover fluid restrictors
- Plastic trowel
Also included are rubber gloves, safety glasses, a step-by-step instructional video and written instructions with complete product data and MSDS information.
Caulk gun NOT included with kit.