Contents: of Orders Minimum 10ft or 3M
1 - 162ft long roll carbon fiber 600GSM Uni Directional fiber
900mls of 4550 Fotec Epoxy per 10ft ordered
Upgrade to 162ft or 50M
1 - Roller trays
1 - Roller heads
2 - Roller
1 - Instructions Document
Mixing cups and Gloves
- Requires that you have grinding equipment to prepare and dcontaminate the concrete surface befor application.
600 GSM Uni-Directional Carbon Fiber Fabric (grams per square meter)
600 GSM is perfect for irregular shaped cracked walls or curved applications to prevent re-cracking.
Ideal for a contractor as general use carbon fiber for concrete reinforcement. Unidirectional carbon provides for the best solution for carbon fiber applications as it has the least elongation or stretch before it is under full load. Woven fabrics allow for much more movement of the concrete joint being reinforced and this may contribute to failure of the intended repair. Account for a maximum spacing when reinforcing block or poured walls of 4ft vertically or horizontally.
Steps of Application of the Carbon Fiber
1. Prepare any wall cracks if a poured wall uses Epoxy crack injection, if a block wall re-tuck point any broken mortar joints etc.
2. Using a diamond cup wheel with a grinder and dust shroud decontaminate the concrete surface and vacuum clean.
3. Lay out carbon fiber on a clean surface to cut to proper length as needed.
4. Mix the fortec Epoxy 2:1 ratio in mixing cup, only mix enough to due 10ft or so at a time 900 mls.
5. Apply some epoxy to the concrete surface approximately 6 in wide where the carbon fiber is to be installed using trowel and roller. You can also roller one side of the carbon that is to be applied.
6. Apply the fabric to the concrete with the epoxy coated side toward each other and using the roller supplied roll the fabric and add more epoxy.
7. At this point using the square trowel supplied and using the flat side trowel the epoxy into the fabric to work it into the carbon. Make sure that you have the carbon fabric held down, so it does not move.
8. Re roll the fabric to smooth out the epoxy and add more epoxy as needed.
Structural Epoxy for carbon Fiber
Fortec 4550 LPL Hi-Modulus Fiber Matrix is a 100% solids, solvent-free, two-component MOISTURE INSENSITIVE EPOXY. Fortec 4550 Fiber Matrix is a low viscosity epoxy for wetting and use with carbon fiber for structural repairs.
- Easy mix ratio: 2 Parts A to 1 Part B by Volume
- Long Pot Life with rapid strength development
- Provides high early strength and excellent adhesion to most structural materials
- Insensitive to moisture before, during and after cure
- Low temperature cures - As low as 40oF (4oC)
- Moisture Insensitive & low temperature cure
- #4550 LPL Fiber Matrix Structural Epoxy