Features of 830A30 Pneumatic Dispensing tool
Easily Converts in Just Seconds with Patented Snap-In/Snap Out Push Disks to 300ml X 300ml or to 300ml X 150ml
* Interchangeable 300x300ml & 300x150ml Push Disks supplied
* Patented Cartridge Stabilizing Plate for Extra Cartridge Support
* Adjustable Air Regulator
* Air Dump Valve Stops Flow Instantly
* Reverse Air
* Quick Disconnect Nipple
* 490lbs thrust @ 100 psi
* Will work with a small compressor on job sites
* Reduces operator stress compared to manual tools
* Recommended tool for large crack injection projects
PNEUMATIC DUAL COMPONENT SEALANT APPLICATOR OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
This applicator is designed for heavy-duty cycles over extended operating periods. As compressed air is used as the power source, operator fatigue is minimal, but it must be remembered that compressed air CAN BE DANGEROUS when used incorrectly. The user should take the time to read and understand these operating instructions fully prior to using the applicator. Any modifications to the applicator made by the user will void the warranty and could cause personal injury.
• USE PROTECTIVE EYE & EAR EQUIPMENT WHEN OPERATING.
• WEAR A FACE MASK OR RESPIRATOR WHEN OPERATING.
• TEST THE FORWARD/REVERSE FUNCTION BEFORE LOADING A CARTRIDGE.
• DISCONNECT THE AIR SUPPLY BEFORE STARTING ANY MAINTENANCE/CLEANING TASKS.
• MAKE SURE CARTRIDGE IS LOADED PROPERLY (SEE F. BELOW)
• USE A NEW STATIC MIXER.
• READ THE MATERIAL MANUFACTURER’S INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.
• MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NOT CROSS-CONTAMINATED THE CONTENTS OF THE TWO CARTRIDGES AS IT MAY HAVE CURED IN ONE OF THE SIDES.
• CONNECT THE APPLICATOR TO AN AIR SUPPLY THAT CAN EXCEED 115 PSI.
• IMMERSE THE GUN IN SOLVENT.
• OPERATE THE GUN WITH LOOSE, BROKEN, OR MISSING PARTS.
• CARRY THE GUN BY THE AIR PIPE.
• USE DAMAGED CARTRIDGES OR THE WRONG TYPE OF CARTRIDGE IN THE APPLICATOR.
• POINT THE APPLICATOR AT ANOTHER PERSON.
• DISASSEMBLE THE HANDLE AND ADJUST THE SAFETY VALVE INSIDE.
• USE A STATIC MIXER THAT HAS MATERIAL INSIDE IT THAT HAS CURED.
• USE PARTIALLY EXTRUDED CARTRIDGES UNLESS YOU USE A NEW STATIC MIXER AND KNOW THERE IS NO CROSS-CONTAMINATION.
• USE EXPIRED MATERIAL OR MATERIAL THAT HAS CURED.
CONNECTING Check the supply pressure. For optimum performance, the supply pressure must be greater than 100 PSI and less than 115 PSI. The applicator will work at lower supply pressures, but flow rates could be reduced and may vary. Connect the applicator to a suitable compressed air source using the fitting supplied, or with a suitable fitting. All applicators are fitted with a male 1/4” NPT thread.
OPERATING Pressure Regulator Reverse Air
A. INTERNAL PRESSURE REGULATOR The internal pressure regulator controls the sealant flow rate and ensures a stable flow of sealant is maintained. To increase the flow of sealant, turn the knob in the (+) direction. To decrease flow, turn the knob in the (-) direction.
B. TRIGGER Forward Air By pulling the trigger (with index and middle fingers), a cushion of compressed air is built up inside the applicator, which starts the flow of sealant. On releasing the trigger, the sealant flow ceases as the compressed air escapes rapidly by a quick exhaust valve at the rear of the gun.
C. FORWARD AIR/REVERSE AIR BUTTONS Push the “Forward Air” button for extrusion of material. Push the “Reverse Air” button to pull the plunger rods back automatically and to “ready” the applicator for the next cartridge.
D. PUSH DISKS Refer to the enclosed Push Disk Alignment Chart for instructions on how to change to other mix ratios. Using incorrect push disks will damage the applicator, void the warranty and the cartridge will have blowback. Make sure the push disks are snapped in completely before use.
E. SAFETY VALVE If you hear air leaking from the handle, then your compressor source is exceeding 115 PSI and the safety valve is bleeding off the excess air. You should adjust the source so that it is lower than 115 PSI. NEVER disassemble the handle and adjust the safety valve.
NOTE: If the cartridge is improperly made, there is a risk of the cartridge bursting open. For other risks associated with the particular cartridge you are using, BE CAREFUL TO READ ALL OF THE INSTRUCTIONS AND WARNINGS OF THE MATERIAL YOU WILL USE IN THE APPLICATOR. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON ANY OF THEM, CONTACT THE MATERIAL MANUFACTURER FOR CLARIFICATION.
F. CARTRIDGE LOADING It is important that the cartridge is seated properly in the applicator frame. If the front of the cartridge is not seated properly, breakage of the cartridge can result. The front face of the cartridge MUST BE FLUSH to the front plate of the applicator. If the cartridge does not seat properly, DO NOT USE.