54 Feet of Carbon Fiber Wall Reinforcement
Introducing Pro Carbon Fiber Foundation Repair A powerful combination of epoxy and carbon fiber reinforcement kit.
54 ft 8in wide Unidirectional Carbon Fiber kit Includes the Following:
Enough Carbon Fiber for six straps 9.6ft tall (40ft of foundation wall with upgrade)
54 ft of 8 inch wide 300GSM approved unidirectional Carbon Fiber
3 Quarts of StarTech Epoxy
1 Tray, Rollers, Gloves & Misc items to Apply the Epoxy
15 concrete anchors for fabric installation
Instructions and free Technical support
1. Ideal for poured concrete walls that have cracked and will be repaired with epoxy injection. Carbon fiber Installed every 4ft along the foundation wall will prevent re-cracking of a concrete wall.
2. Ideal for concrete block walls that are starting to show horizontal mortar joint cracks installed spacing on 4ft centers. For weak or more severe stressed block wall we recommend the 12inch wide unidirectional carbon fiber to apply the load on a larger area.
Advantages and Benefits
Easy to use kit that will result in professional results
Restores high strength to stabilize foundation walls
Repair is simple and non-invasive.
Better than Bidirectional Carbon Fiber
Added life to the concrete structure
Free Technical support from Nextstar
This is an easy-to-use Carbon Fiber Foundation repair kit designed to reinforce up to 40 ft of wall with added option or 30ft as standard kit. When strapped and bonded every 4 ft. The kit is ideal for Bowed wall support for
Block or Poured cracked foundation walls. An 8-inch wide strap provides more bonding surface area than our competitors. The higher surface area allows the carbon fiber wall straps to hold more lateral load of the foundation wall. The Professional Carbon Fiber Wall Repair Kit offers the most dependable permanent repair solution for cracked bowing poured concrete or block foundation walls.
If you have a cracked or slightly bowed wall, you need to make use of the advantages and usefulness of Carbon Fiber Straps.
Several factors decide the tensile strength of a wall reinforcement solution, including its design, construction, and binding technology. The selection by NextStar allows extreme strength and stability with this kit. Higher specification quality of the carbon fiber itself. This kit includes Unidirectional 300 GSM x 8 inches wide carbon fiber with a tensile strength of 4800 Mpa. Unidirectional carbon with most of our competitors use 450-550 GSM rated at 703Mpa tensile strength, which is lower in strength and load capacity. The wider straps allow transferring out the stress load on the concrete wall. The concrete will fail before the carbon fiber wall reinforcement will.
Unidirectional Carbon Fiber Design
Most carbon fiber foundation repair kit manufacturers make use of a bidirectional fiber system, wherein the carbon fibers woven into a pattern. Although this creates a visually appealing design, but it is more flexible under load. The woven fibers get crimped as they bend when woven. As force is applied to carbon fiber, the bent fibers try to straighten out, which reduces their strength and effectiveness. For a Bowed foundation wall, you want the repair to be as stiff as possible stabilizing movement.
This NextStar Professional kit features a unidirectional design. The fibers lay flat when the force is applied, and there is no crimping. The result is a wall reinforcement system that is twice as strong as other carbon fiber repair products in the market. For these reasons, no other foundation wall reinforcement system in the construction industry comes even close in strength, stability, and durability. This makes it the best choice for repairing foundation walls and basement walls.
1. Measure the wall for placement of the wall straps to avoid exceeding 4ft spacing and placing straps on both sides of any windows.
2. Prepare the wall using a hand grinder with a diamond cup wheel with dust shroud and vacuum. These tools can be rented in most areas. Grind from the top of the wall to the floor a 9inch wide at each location.
3. Vacuum the ground wall areas very well to remove all dust.
4. Mix a batch of Carbon Fiber Resin epoxy and using the roller apply to the wall.
5. Apply Epoxy to the side of the carbon fiber to be bonded to the wall.
6. Place the Unidirectional carbon fiber strap to the epoxied concrete wall.
7. Apply more epoxy to the surface of the strap and using trowel force the epoxy through the strap. Move to the next strap.
Q. Why is carbon fiber spaced at 4ft on foundation walls.
A. This is an industry and engineering standard for foundation wall support even for steel beams, not brand dependent.
Q. If I apply the straps at less than 4ft on center is that better?
A. It can provide more support especially if the concrete is weak, small area or there is extensive cracking.
Q. Some kits have a metal plate at the top of each carbon strap is this needed?
A. This depends , with block walls it allows the strap to attach to the sill plate. For a poured concrete wall this will not help. For most block walls there are better solutions to this. Top sill plate anchors can split the sill under load.
Q. I am concerned that this will be difficult to apply the straps.
A. This kit is or product can be successfully applied by a contractor or homeowner without difficulty. The basics are that 1. Do not exceed the 4ft spacing. 2. That the wall be ground to exposed to fresh clean concrete. 3 Apply enough Epoxy to saturate the carbon strap . 4 Not sure on anything call our technical support team.
Q. What is the purpose of bottom wall anchors?
A. In most installations they are not required. For block, bottom anchors can act as sheer pins stopping a block from sliding inward. However if the basement floor is poured up against the bottom course of blocks sheer is unlikely. Only if the block begins on top the basement floor.
Q. Can I place two straps side by side will this be the same as a strap that is twice the width?
A. Yes placing two unidirectional carbon fiber straps side by side is the same as one wider strap.
Q. How does a unidirectional strap hold a bowing the wall up?
A. Straps bonded to the inside walls transfer and load across any cracking to a larger area. This in turn will bring the wall back to its original strength.
Tips for Carbon Fiber Foundation Repair
1. Always consider strapping a complete wall, one side of the foundation to get the most benefit from wall reinforcement.
2. Always strap both sides of any window openings.
3. Do not exceed the 4ft on center spacing of straps, but closer spacing adds to the reinforcement. If you have a window opening for example 3ft from a corner your first strap would be at 3ft beside the window.
4. Any cracks on the wall where the carbon is applied need to be filled with something solid such as epoxy or cement grout.
5. Any cracks under window openings can be strapped horizontally under the opening and over the nearest vertical straps.
6. Top of wall support will be needed if the top sill plate or floor joists are sliding in. See an example of solving this.
Limited Lifetime Warranty