Contents: of Orders Minimum 10ft or 3M
1 - 150ft long roll carbon fiber 300GSM Uni-Directional fiber 8in wide
600mls /Av of Epoxy per 10ft ordered
Upgrade to 150ft and receive discounts
Disposable (+) are increased based on order volume
1 - Roller tray
1 - Roller heads and Roller+
2 - Square Trowels
Mixing Bucket+ - Gloves+
1 - Instructions Document
- Requires that you have grinding equipment to prepare and decontaminate the concrete surface before application.
300 GSM Uni-Directional Carbon Fiber Fabric Grade 1 (grams per square meter)6in Wide
300 GSM is perfect for Poured or Block walls with cracked walls or curved applications to prevent re-cracking.
Ideal for a contractor as general use carbon fiber for concrete reinforcement. Unidirectional carbon provides the best carbon fiber applications solution as it has the least elongation or stretch before it is under full load. Woven Carbon fabric from others allows for much more movement of the concrete crack, joint and may contribute to the failure of the intended repair. Account for a maximum spacing when reinforcing block or poured walls of 4ft vertically or horizontally.
Applications of 300gsm Unidirectional Carbon Fiber
Reinforcement to Poured or Masonry Block walls
Use to form Carbon Fiber Wall Straps
Reinforce exterior concrete corners
Reinforce foundation window openings or lintel
Use horizontally to bridge openings
Steps of Application of the Carbon Fiber
1. Prepare any wall cracks if a poured wall using Epoxy Crack Injection if a block wall re-tuckpoint any broken mortar joints.
2. Using a diamond cup wheel with a grinder and dust shroud, decontaminate the concrete surface and vacuum all dust off the concrete wall surface.
3. Layout carbon fiber on a clean surface to cut to proper length as needed.
4. Mix the Startech Epoxy 2:1 ratio in a mixing cup
5. Apply some epoxy to the concrete surface approximately 6 in wide where the carbon fiber is to be installed using a trowel and roller. Also roller one side of the carbon that is to be applied.
6. Apply the fabric to the concrete with the epoxy coated side toward the wall and using the roller supplied, roll the material while adding more epoxy.
7. At this point, using the square trowel supplied and using the flat side trowel, the epoxy into the fabric to work it into the Carbon Fiber Strap. Make sure that you have the carbon fabric held down so it does not move.
8. Re-roll the fabric to smooth out the epoxy and add more epoxy as needed.
300gsm Carbon Fiber Properties
Tensile Modulus (MPa) 2.4x 10-5 ASTM D3039
Tensile Strength (MPa) 4100 ASTM 10618
Elongation at Break (%) 1.6 ASTM D3039
Structural Epoxy for Carbon Fiber
Startech Hi-Modulus Fiber Matrix is a 100% solids, solvent-free, two-component MOISTURE INSENSITIVE EPOXY. Startech Fiber Matrix is a low viscosity epoxy for wetting and use with carbon fiber for structural repairs.
- Easy mix ratio: 2 Parts A to 1 Part B by Volume
- Long Pot Life with rapid strength development
- Provides high early strength and excellent adhesion to most structural materials
- Insensitive to moisture before, during, and after cure
- Low-temperature cures - As low as 40oF (4oC)
- Startech LPL Hi-Modulus Fiber Matrix is a 100% solids, solvent-free, two-component MOISTURE INSENSITIVE EPOXY. Startech Fiber Matrix is a low viscosity epoxy for wetting and carbon fiber for structural repairs.
- Moisture Insensitive & low-temperature cure
- Nano Fiber Matrix Structural Epoxy